The 2019 AFL HCC Season has concluded with the holding of our Annual General Meeting last night at the Charlestown Bowling Club.
Firstly, I would like to thank all of those to all who attended last night and participated in commencing our planning for season 2020. The numbers in attendance were excellent and I feel we had a great story to tell about season 2019. We have built some fantastic momentum at all levels within the club and I personally am looking forward to season 2020.
Our Annual General Meeting each year is an opportunity to review and analyse our season with a view of our football performance, club expectations, and importantly a financial focus to how we are tracking. The move to our new home at Pasterfield Sports Centre has been extremely well received by everyone in the club and certainly adds a new and exciting outlook to our future. It does, however, come at a higher cost to the club as costs have risen across the board, some of which are expected capital costs of moving to the new facility.
On the bright side, we have attracted, and retained, some wonderful sponsors for whom we are so dependent, and we thank them immensely for their contribution and support to our great club. Without our sponsors we cannot operate, continually engage with our members, and grow.
As the formal proceedings of our 2019 AGM have concluded it is with great pleasure that I can announce that we have two (2) new Life Members inducted into the club, and also a new Executive Committee to lead the club into season 2020 and beyond.
I would firstly like to congratulate our newly accepted Life Members to the Cardiff AFC Hall of Fame:
- Quinton Davis – 200 Senior Games for CAFC
- Adam Clarke – Conspicuous Service to the CAFC
I would also like to congratulate, and thank, our newly confirmed Executive Committee for Season 2020 consisting of:
|Warren Lovell||Vice President Seniors||Vice President|
|Shane Williams||Vice President Juniors||Vice President Juniors|
|Quinn Waters||Football Manager||Football|
|General Committee Members||Quinton Davis||Sponsorship|
|Scott Hawthorne||Social Events|
Now the work begins to put the club in a sound position for the commencement of the 2020 season, and believe me we have a lot of work to do. Over the next few months, we have a number of key goals to achieve and we would love your input and assistance if you can.
These items include:
- Establishing the Junior Sub-committee in preparation for season 2020 through the leadership of Shane Williams.
- Merging the Junior and Senior finances into a single structure and putting in place a governance process for budgeting and expenditure.
- Registering for GST as the club is now beyond the revenue turnover threshold of $150,000 in any one reporting year as a non-profit organisation.
- Submitting our Fair Trading statements for 2019 and Registering for 2020.
- Putting in place additional sub-committees to manage our clubs affairs.
We are proposing to establish a number of sub-committees for season 2020 to better manage the ever-growing number of tasks that are required to run the club. These committees will consist of, but not limited to:
- Social Media / Website Team
- Newsletter Content Team
- Events / Fundraising Team
- Apparel / Merchandise Team
- Ground / Facility Maintenance Team
We are all looking forward to the 2020 season but in the meantime have a great offseason, enjoy the break and we will return soon with announcements around key dates and events.
GO HAWKS !!!