We are finally starting to get some positive news around return to training and play. The AFL is providing some excellent support and guidance to help clubs and we need to be very careful in the way we approach return to play.
The Cardiff Hawks committee met last night to discuss the current position and to plan what could be a possible return to training for both seniors and juniors. The following were the outcomes
- Lake Macquarie Council has not given approval to recommence training in any form. We are working closely with the AFL and Council to get this approval however it is very difficult to lock anything in until we have this approval
- We ask all to respect that the permissions and licences to permit club training are not currently in place and any training is unsanctioned and uninsured by the club.
- The AFL return to training guidelines have been reviewed and adopted and a plan has been put in place.
- We will have one person responsible to manage the protocols at each training session who will be supported by others including coaches and committee members
- The Senior Coaching group will provide a plan to the committee later this week outlining their preferred training days and times after consultation with coaches and players
- The committee will meet again early next week to finalise the above points
- The junior sub-committee have been working hard to put together a plan and we will look to implement that once we understand what the senior group training days look like and the plan is signed off by the Club Committee.
As a group we understand the eagerness of our playing groups to get back into footy and in the first instance training, however we need to ensure we take a careful and methodical approach to ensure we do not breach any protocols. Things are changing daily so we ask that you all have patience and respect this process.
We will provide another update mid next week or sooner if anything changes.
Thanks for your ongoing understanding and respect of the situation.
Damian Charleson Shane Williams
Cardiff Hawks Club President Cardiff Hawks Vice President Juniors