The Cardiff Hawks are pleased to release its inaugural Indigenous Jersey ahead of this Saturday’s Indigenous Round Event at Hillsbrough Oval.
The Hawks Indigenous Jersey has been designed by local artist Tyler Smith. The jersey represents the Awabakal people of the land in which Hillsborough Oval is situated. The Eagle Hawk across the chest of the jersey is the Dreamtime totem of the Awabakal people and the blue dots on the back of jersey represents the waterways of Lake Macquarie. For those who wish to purchase the inaugural jersey, orders can be placed at the canteen during Saturday’s event. Jerseys will be $50.
Activities on the day:
- A traditional pre-game ceremony that will include a special dance performance (2pm)
- A kids play hub will be provided by the Awabakal Co-operative that will have a range of interactive activities including face painting, and artefacts painting
- Half time entertainment will be provided by Auskick matches
After Match Function will include:
- Private Function Room at The Duke Hotel
- Indigenous Round Sponsor Yarnteen be presented with commemorative Indigenous Jersey as the event major sponsor
- Indigenous artist performing live acoustic music
- Indigenous Round Best On Ground Medals awarded for each game
- Karaoke & DJ later in the evening
Cardiff AFC would like to thank Yarnteen for their generous support of our Indigenous Round Event.